Anytime you are on the road, you are at risk of an accident. Even if you are a completely safe driver, you cannot control everyone else on the road. Commercial Auto Insurance helps make sure that any commercial vehicles owned by your business are covered while on the road. Anything from work trucks to delivery vans, and everything in between, commercial vehicles get your business where it needs to go, and commercial auto insurance makes sure that an accident doesn’t keep you from getting your work done.
Commercial Auto Insurance Northern Kentucky & Cincinnati
Commercial auto insurance can cover a combination of vehicle types (trucks, cars) and drivers, as well as some types of motorized equipment. It provides for bodily injury liability and property damage while operating a company automobile, and medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) for the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car.
Hired/Non-owned Auto Liability
Are you renting cars or are your employees using their own vehicles? This particular coverage provides business insurance coverage for certain liabilities arising from the use of a rented or leased vehicle (hired), or a non-owned vehicle (employee using their own vehicle on company business). Oftentimes this coverage can be added inexpensively to a business auto policy, or in some cases, a general liability policy.
What kind of auto insurance do I need?
There are several types of coverage and combinations of coverage, it is easy to get confused. First, let's look at what each type of insurance actually covers:
- Liability pays for the damage you cause to others if your car is involved in an accident.
- No-fault coverage to pay you and your passengers for medical and related expenses caused by injuries from a car accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Collision covers damage to your car from an accident. Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for your car if it is stolen, vandalized or damaged in some way other than in a collision. Flood, hurricane, theft, windshield damage and fire are also events usually covered by comprehensive car insurance. Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible.)
- Medical coverage provides for medical expenses to you and your passengers that are the result of an accident.
Typically, your policy will include some combination of comprehensive, collision, medical, liability and uninsured motorist coverage.
Use of Personal Vehicles
Insurance policies for privately owned vehicles may not cover damage to your privately owned car or truck when it is used for business, even when it's a business such as selling cosmetics, jewelry, or pizza delivery.
Every business is unique – talk to Intelli Choice Insurance today to find out how to get the best business auto insurance, service, price and value.